Advertise Locally in Community Newspapers & Magazines
We Believe this is the most complete print media list for Orange County California on the internet. If you know of a local newspaper, magazine, or coupon book not listed, please let us know so we can add to the list. Thanks to everyone who has told us what’s missing.
Yes, people still read actually news papers, and advertising in a community newspaper can be effective because (1) it targets a local area or community so you are not paying to broadcast your ad to people who will never buy from you and (2) it is cheaper than advertising in a county wide newspaper. Although the current advertising zeitgeist is that internet ads are the only marketing relevant in today’s world, some people are realizing that internet advertising might not be affective to all segments of the population.
Reaching OC’s Immigrant Communities We went ahead and included the non-English papers in Orange County. Many OC residents enjoy reading news about their community in a language other than English. A large percentage of the county speaks English as their second language. As reported by Wikipedia US Census figures indicate that only 44% of the county’s residents identify themselves as Non-Hispanic White. Even if you are mono-lingual you might want to reach out to OC’s many ethnic communities. So it would be a mistake to overlook this advertising opportunity.
Get Free Advertising with a Press Release in a Local Paper
If you are opening a business, expanding, or have won an award you might be able to get a story in a local paper. Just submit a press release, and send it in. Generally, it has to be something news worthy. We have been working on some basic resources that might help you come up with ideas about what to write, and some tips on writing a press release. Writing a Business Press Release
Orange County Local Newspapers
Orange County Register and It’s Local Papers
Orange County Register www2.ocregister.com/selfservice/ This is the best know paper in the county. They also own several community papers so you can get a deal if you advertise in the OC Register and a community paper. Most of Orange County is served by one of their community papers. While you might not want to pay for the entire county, the Register allows you to do insert advertising and targeted by zip codes. Community papers are a supplemental section to the OC Register, distributed to driveways, or sometimes in boxes where people can take a copy for free. To advertise in their papers, click on the OC Register’s community advertising page shttp://www.ocexpressads.com/oc-adportal/retail/index.html They have a real nice interactive diy advertisement system. You can buy an ad the size of a whole page to 1/16th page.
LA Times Orange County Edition. www.latimes.com/news/local/orange As with the Register, they publish several local papers. You need to place an ad in one of their three local papers with the local paper.
Read this to get into the OC Register's Local Papers -- Policy Change
So, how do you submit a press release or ad to one of the Register’s Papers?
Your best bet of getting your press release published would be to try and get it into one of the Registers Local edition. Each community paper has an editor and reporters. The Register is a big operation, and it’s important that your press release gets to the team that’s putting together the local paper. The Register’s local papers are not made up of recycled news articles; they have stories written that are relevant to specific communities. And reporters/editors that know that community.
Note, Most of the links to on-line papers don’t work unless you have a subscription. They no longer provide free access to their papers.
- If you have access to their on-line site, you can look through the paper’s electronic edition to find a sidebar that lists the staff e.g. Team Leader, Editor, Reporter and if you only want to advertise in that particular paper, the Advertising Salesperson. You can also advertise in the Register’s local paper by going through the Register’s main advertising page. We asked the paper how we can connect with these people on-line, but we were told that we have to be a 7day/week subscriber.
If you do not have access to their online site, you will have to (1) Use the Old-School method of calling the register’s switchboard and ask to be put in contact with the editor, advertising specialist, or team leader of a local paper. Their main phone number is (877) 469-7344. Or (2) get your hands on a print version of the community paper. Or (3) subscribe to the paper on-line and use your password to access the community papers. Editors, Team-Leaders and Reporters are listed in their local paper but not on their webpage.
County wide press releases: If you believe that your story is relevant to the entire county, you can submit them to the Register: news firstname.lastname@example.org, business email@example.com, event, you can get on the Register’s calendar go to http://events.ocregister.com/ click on the “REGISTER” in the upper right hand corner and follow the directions. But they get a ton of press release so don’t be disappointed if your press release is not turned into a news story.
- Alisa Viejo News / Laguna Niguel News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWAlisoViejoNews/ and is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases. The same team does the Laguna Niguel News.
- Anaheim Bulletin epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWAnaheimBulletin is a paper from the Orange County Register. This was a daily paper for 93 years before it was merged with the Register in 1992.
- Anaheim Hills News Times epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWAnaheimHillsNews/ This is an OC Register Paper with similar content to the Yorba Linda Star and Placentia Times
- Canyon Live epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWCanyonLife This is a paper from the Orange County Register. Similar content to RSM news and Ladera Post.
- Capistrano Valley News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWCapoValleyNews/ This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Christian Examiner formerly the Christian Times. http://www.christianexaminer.com/ This a free monthly publication in Christian Bookstores, Businesses and Churches. The paper is also mailed to homes and is available on the internet. They have a circulation (?) of around 150,000. They have five editions covering Southern California including an OC edition. To advertise call 619 668-5100. Advertising is open to anyone who wants to reach the Christian Community.
- Community News (North West Orange County) This is an “edition of the Orange County Register” This is a driveway publication that is dropped off on Thursdays — same day as The Sun. It seems be mostly coupons like the ones in the Sunday paper and the one wee looked at had 6 pages of news print which contained ads, a crossword puzzle, health articles, and human interest articles.
- The Current (Newport Coast and Costa Mesa) epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWTheCurrentWest is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Dana Point News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWDanaPointNews/ This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Daily Pilot www.dailypilot.com/about/advertise/ This is a paper with fairly wide distribution around the middle of the county–around Costa Mesa/Newport Beach. They work with the LA Times
- Event News This is a weekly paper that shows up in Cypress, La Palma and Los Alamitos. It’s published by Community Media www.communitymediaus.com
- Excelsior www.ocexcelsior.com/ This is a county wide Orange County Newspaper in Spanish. It has it’s own staff and you go through it’s website, rather than the Register’s website, to submit press releases and advertise.
- Fountain Valley Living Magazine www.fountainvalleymagazine.com This is delivered to every residence and a bunch of businesses in FV in addition to their online site. It is a community guide with info about churches, schools… They also have a discount program for local merchants, and provide community news.
- Fountain Valley View epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWFountainValleyView/ This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Fullerton News Tribune epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWFullertonNewsTribune This has similar content to the Star Progress of Brea and La Habra. This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Fullerton Observer http://www.fullertonobserver.com is an independent, non-profit newspaper that is distributed via mail and possibly a pick up paper (we’re not sure) They publish a large community paper (20 pages) that contains more news than advertising; and the have a large staff working on content. To send in a press release or to get your ad published e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garden Grove Journal. ggjournal.com As the name implies, it is goes to driveways in Garden Grove. Advertising Page (link not working) They also allow you to insert pre-printed fliers for $75/1000 fliers. Their website seems to have gone down. Their Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garden-Grove-Journal/144372534782 and their phone number is (714) 539-6018. But they haven’t updated their facebook page since 2012–so this publication might be dead. But some of the community papers seem to keep going with out the internet. If they are still around, please let us know.
- Harbour Light (Huntington Beach) harbourlightmagazine.com This magazine is published every other month and goes to homes in one of the most affluent parts of the OC — Huntington Harbour. They publish articles from charity and community groups based in Huntington Harbour.
Huntington Harbour Life(we’re not sure this one is still publishing.) Editor Debbie Sklar provides stories about community events. This publication is focused on the upscale community of Huntington Harbour. Advertisers are mostly local including stores at the Huntington Harbour Mall, Real Estate Agents who specialize in the Harbour, and businesses that are nearby. (Note that we do not have a direct phone # or e-mail for this publication. E-mail routed through Hibu.com)
- Huntington Beach Independent www.hbindependent.com This paper is owned by the LA Times.
- Huntington Beach Wave www.ocregister.com/sections/city-pages/huntingtonbeach This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Independent News. This is a weekly ? newspaper that goes to Buena Park and the area known as West Anaheim www.mybuenapark.com It’s published by Community Media.
- Irvine World News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWIrvineWorldNews This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Korean Times www.koreatimes.com The LA edition of this paper goes to the large Korean population in Orange County. It is in Korean. To place an ad, e-mail their advertising department at email@example.com .
- La Opinion www.laopinion.com This is Spanish Newspaper out of LA that’s read in the OC. For advertising see their national advertising company’s webpage www.impremedia.net/advertise.php#
- Ladera Post epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWLaderaPost/ is a paper from the Orange County Register. Similar content as Canyon Life and RSM News.
- Laguna Niguel News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWLagunaNiguelNews/ This OC Register Paper is done by the same team that does the Alicia Viejo News.
- Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot. www.coastlinepilot.com This paper is owned by LA Times
- Laguna News Post epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWLagunaNewsPost is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Laguna Woods Globe epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWLagunaWoodsGlobe/ is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- The Lighthouse Japanese Newspaper. http://www.us-lighthouse.com/ This is a publication based in Los Angeles that distributes to the OC. They have distribution points in Irvine and Cypress. This is a great way to connect with this community. They feature local news and restaurant reviews. Hint try chrome with google translate if you don’t speak the language.
Live Orange County Style and Beyond This give away magazine has a retail price of $3.95. The copy we picked up for free was a hight quality 68 page magazine all about fashion, food, furniture and local entertainment. It seemed to be targeting Orange County’s affluent over 40 residents. They also publish a website with content similar to the print magazine liveoc.livemagazines.net/Looks like they no longer have an OC edition. ??
- LocalE Magazine www.localemagazine.com This is a Quarterly Magazine that’s distributed to businesses to reach OC’s young and affluent population and it’s also aimed at OC tourists . They have articles about music events, bars, and local happenings. (Their focus seems to be introducing people to local businesses that they feel are hip or cool. ) And they also have events that attract up to 15,000 people. Youtube Video
- Miniodas www.miniondas.com This is a Santa Ana based Spanish Language newspaper. Their contact number is (714) 668-101 0
- News Enterprise This publication goes to Cypress and Los Alamitos www.newsenterprise.net Published by Community Media.
- Newport Beach Independent www.newportbeachindy.com They say they are by locals and for locals. Link to their media kits.
- OC Concert Guide occoncertguide.com Slick online and printed Magazine format publication that’s delivered in the OC Register (It’s an independent publication.) hooks readers up with upcoming concerts. As their name implies interviews and articles about live music in the OC; and since they are a new publication they offer reasonable advertising rates. It isn’t just young readers. They are the go to source for Jazz and Classical music information. Advertise if you want to hook up with the affluent concert going crowd. (Advertising information.)
- OC Family ocfamily.com They target affluent parents with younger children. According to their 2012 media kit 59% of their readers have household incomes of more than $100,000. They “target families better than any newspaper or magazine in Orange County”
- OC Jewish Life www.ocjewishlife.com/site/advertise-ocjl This glossy magazine has a circulation of 200,000 through the mail and they have hundreds of locations where they drop off the publication. They also publish on the internet. According to their website, you can reach a high income, highly educated segment of the OC community.
- OC Metro www.ocmetro.com This has become an OC Register publication which is the only “leadership-focused glossy magazine published for Orange County executives, entrepreneurs and professionals” and it’s award winning writing about “engaging proﬁles, provocative commentary and stylish executive lifestyle features…” According to their 2013 media kit, 43% of readers have a $100,000+ income, 62% have investments, they are more likely to own an expensive house, and 34.2% are “opinion leaders.” They have a readership of 421,000; so you are hitting all of the county’s bigwigs.
- OC Menues www.ocmenus.com This publication is all about eating out in OC.
- OC Weekley www.ocweekly.com This once popular paper used to be distributed county wide. The advertising seems to be aimed at younger people who like to party. You see ads for local music events, new restaurants, and of coarse pot. … This paper was dropped off at restaurants, bars, and coffee shops. But we haven’t seen it at its usual location. Many folks are on their phones now so a lot of these drop off papers are declining in readership; and some businesses might be just tossing it out because of content some parents might find objectionable. They seem to focus on their blog of the same name.
- Orange County Catholic Newspaper www.rcbo.org/orange-county-catholic-newspaper.html They have English and Spanish editions. This monthly newspaper is distributed through the mail and at churches. Advertising/circulation numbers were not provided on line, but we assume circulation is large. To advertise contact 213 637-7360.
- Orange Coast Magazine www.orangecoast.com/advertise.aspx It’s all about Dining Out, Events, and places to go in the OC.
- Orange County Business Journal www.ocbj.com/advertise/ This is the Business Newspaper of Orange County. It goes to many business owners and executives. Most readers are college grads, and in an upper income bracket. They also have an online site that takes advertising. They have put out a media guide that shows you who their readers are and advertising opportunities.
- Orange County News. This paper served Stanton, Anaheim, Garden Grove and Fountain Valley. Their new website www.localocn.com Publisher website: www.communitymediaus.com Their phone number is 714-894-2575.
- Parenting OC Magazine www.parentingoc.com This is a full size colour mag about 80 pages that gives parents the 411 on what they can do in OC. Kids fairs, movie reviews, festivals… A lot of feature articles and family focused advertising. For info on advertising, 714-630-4510 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and they have a media kit on their website. They say they are the most widely distributed parenting magazine in OC with a circulation of 65,000 Distribution is through free copies at private schools, Boys and Girls clubs, and grocery store racks.
- Placentia News Times epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWPlacentiaNewsTimes Similar content to the Yorba Linda Star and Anaheim Hills News Times This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Press Telegram www.presstelegram.com The Press Telegram is based in Long Beach. It has a lot of OC readers especially in areas near Long Beach.
- Rafu Shimpo Japaneese Newspaper www.rafu.com This is an LA centric newpaper that covers national and local events. They publish four times a week and claim to be the leading Japaneese-American newspaper with a circulation over 45,000.
- RSM News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWRSMNews/ Same team and similar content to Canyon Life and Ladera Post
- Saddleback Valley News Lake Forest/Laguna Edition epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWSaddlebackValleyNewsLFLH/This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Saddleback Valley News Mission Viejo Edition epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWSaddlebackValleyNewsMV/ This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- San Clemente Journal www.sanclementejournal.com This is a news print/magazine publication that comes out four times a year focusing on the city of San Clemente but also hits Dana Point, San Juan Capistrano and Capistrano Beach. According to their website, they have a 20,000 circulation. They offer home delivery for a small fee and this publication is distributed free at about 200 local businesses.
- Starr Progress epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWStarProgress (for Brea and La Habra) This paper has similar content to the Fullerton News Tribune. This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- South Coast www.southcoastmagazine.com They have a guarenteed distribution of at least 35,000 to “readers live in households with a median property value of approximately $950,000 with a median age of 41.5, and a median income of approximately $164,000.” They cover South County and North San Diego County
- Sun Newspaper SunNews.org Serves mostly Seal Beach, but also does Huntington Harbour, Belmont Shore, Sunset Beach, Rossmoor, and Los Alamitos. They take press release submission by e-mail or at their office on Main St. in Seal Beach.
- Sun Post News / San Clemente Sun News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWSunPostNews/ is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Tustin News epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWTustinNews/ This is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- Vien Dong Daily viendongdaily.com This is a Vietnamese language paper. To place an Ad, contact: Vien Dong 14891 Moran Street, Westminster, Ca 92683-5599 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- On The Water’s Edge (Huntington Beach) Publication is mailed to upper income residents in Huntington Beach and Surfside. Contains articles of locals, general information such as city phone numbers, information about local clubs, word search puzzles, and info/news articles written by advertisers. 30+ page wells produced glossy magazine–not something that will immediately go directly into the recycle bin. Advertisements focus on on wealthy families who live near the water. Published in North Carolina by N2pub.com 910 202 0917 but with local content submitted by residents.
- West Coast Lifestyle Magazine. Based in Santa Ana, this publication is focused where most publications are not–central OC’s younger non-high income communities. From their website: “West Coast Lifestyle Magazine is a free lifestyle publication showcasing artists and the urban life’s of all ethnic backgrounds and age groups who are confident, strong and have overcome some form of adversity in their life.” It’s given out at concerts and they have a web presence. This slick magazine is catching on as it features content relevant to their readers : including: attractive models, tattoos, music info, food reviews, and low rider style automobiles. No information was available about circulation or advertising westcoastlifestylemag.com Their Youtube
- Westminster Journal This is a weekly news paper going to Westminster and the area known as Mid-Way City www.wjweekly.com It is published by Community Media.
- Yorba Linda Star epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWYorbaLindaStar/ is a paper from the Orange County Register. Similar content to the Placentia News and Anaheim Hills News Times. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases.
- The ANSWERS Resource Guide is the Council on Aging’s premier publication, distributed annually to over 71,000 Orange County seniors and their families. Packed with articles and resources, including Medicare Comparison Charts, ANSWERS is the leading resource to help seniors successfully navigate the aging experience. Available online and in print. For advertising info call, Marilyn Fedorow at 714-619-2129. This is a publication of The Council on Aging – Orange County— a local nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. www.coaoc.org.
- Golden Years aka Golden Years 55+ Magazine www.55plusmag.com This free magazine is distributed to health clinics, Doctors offices, Senior Centers, Senior Fairs and Donut Shops.
- Laguna Woods Globe epaper.ocregister.com/Olive/ODE/OCWLagunaWoodsGlobe/ is a paper from the Orange County Register. See above for how to advertise or submit press releases. (Duplicate Entry)
- OC Active Seniors ocactiveseniors.com This is aimed for the 55+ crowd and Baby Boomers who are “Too busy to grow old gracefully” We didn’t notice distribution numbers on their website.
- Sun Newspaper Leisure World Edition This is a great publication if you are trying to reach seniors in Leisure World in Seal Beach. Both Sun newspapers are published by Community Media www.communitymediaus.com
- Today’s Seniors www.todaysr.com Their Greater Irvine Edition reaches over 30,000 Seniors. They claim to be the most Popular and Talked About magazine in arias where it’s distributed.
Advertising Centric Publications
Leisure Lifestyle Magazine is a premium Full Size-Full Color Glossy Publication featuring the latest trending articles and illustrations about Health and Wellness, Fashion Trends, Travel, Financial Planning and so much more. The directory is mailed directly to the homeowners in the Country Club Communities: Dove Canyon Country Club, Marbella Country Club, Seacliff Country Club and Aliso Viejo Country Club. (They have changed their advertising program. We are waiting for an update of their new information. We googled them and nothing came up–not sure if they are still publishing in OC Note, there is a publication with the same name located at 2300 N. Dixie Hwy., Ste. 201Boca Raton, Florida 888.454.0449 We are not sure if this is the same company or if they have moved.)
Orange County Home Improvement and Design Publications
Each of these guides is a way to connect with higher income home owners. They all seem to claim they have an edge in providing information that homeowners will consider legit, and hence call the trusted contractors listed in the publication. Many contractors advertise in more than one of these issues; and people in high income areas receive one of these guides about once a week.
- Orange County Living www.orangecountylivingmagazine.com They have three local editions of this magazine which comes in the mail for free. It’s mainly about ways you can spend money on your home: Contractors, Designers … It also seems to be called Orange County Home Improvement Magazine.
- Home Concepts This is a new magazine that delivers through the mail to orange county homes. They do not have a website with advertising stats. The August issue was 56 pages. To advertise, call 949 207-7199.
- Home & Decor Ideas Magazine homeanddecorideas.com They have four zones which cover most of orange county except for the middle. They are associated with Clipper Home Magazine.
- Home & Design Consumers’s Guide www.homedesignguideonline.com Its sent out five times/year and has two delivery zones. They target affluent homeowners who can afford to spend money improving their home.
- Clipper Home Magazine This is an insert to the Clipper Magazine which is the pile of coupons that shows up in your mail box. It looks similar to the other home improvement magazines. To advertise, you need to go through Clipper Magazine (see above)
- The Home Mag www.thmsocal.com This one claims to be the #1 Home Improvement Resource Guide. We are not sure what this claim is based on, and to ease the concern of homeowners have about dealing with shady contractors, they say on the cover that they have “pre-screened approved advertiser–backed by our $1,000 Service Warranty” They state that every contractor is licensed, bonded, insured, and they check the contractor’s history for complaints…”we could contribute up to $1,000 to make it right.” They will also list you in their on-line site ochomenet.com . This might help separate them form the other home improvement ad magazines in the consumer’s mind.
- The Home Improvement Guide www.thiguide.com This is an approximately 8.5×5.5″ 48 page guide filled with ads from local contractors. Their goal is to connect homeowners with qualified professionals. They limit advertising to only two contractors doing the same job, and they help you get a professional ad with graphics and even QR Codes so customers can use their smart phones. They have 12 zones in all and even hit San Diego. They hit single family homes with higher income homeowners. This one has a find hidden cash game whereby readers can enter a contest to win $150.
- Your Villa yourvillaorangecounty.com 866-665-5105 This quarterly home improvement/cosmetic surgery magazine that has seven editions for higher income areas. They grab the homeowner’s attention because it’s a full color over-sized publication that looks like a magazine you would pay for. They bill themselves as “Southern California’s Guide for Artful Living. They also have ads for cosmetic surgery and dentistry.
Trade-Professional and Lifestyle Publications
Most associations have a publication to communicate with their membership. This is a great way to reach your target audience. Generally, they will not print press release, but if you become an advertiser some publications will allow you to write articles. If your product appeals to a certain industry or you just need to connect with higher income segments of the population, these can be a great ad buy.
Apartment Owners and Managers There are three publications that reach this group in the OC. Apartment News by the AAOC www.aaoc.com , AOA Apartment Magazine aoausa.com ; and Apartment Management Magazine www.aptmags.com All three have on-line advertising opportunities. These magazines are the place apartment mangers and owners turn to first when they need something.
Fishers (Fishermen) Fish Taco Chronicles Magazine www.fishtacochronicles.com They have a lot of well known writters in the fisshing community and been around for more than a decade. It’s all about fishing tips, where to fish, equipment… So if your audience is the sport fisher or just wealthy people along the coast this might be a good advertising opportunity. It comes out four times a year, and is found at all the places you would expect, and doctors offices and they also have subscribers. They do distribute about 10,000 each issue.
Golfers Southland Golf Magazine This is a Churm Media Publication southlandgolfmagazine.com/ They have a monthly readership of around 300,00 and target Golfers through out Southern California. See their 2012 Media Kit southlandgolfmagazine.com/mediakit/2012_SLG_MediaKit.pdf
Lawyers The Orange County Bar Association Publishes Orange County Lawyer www.ocbar.org/OCLawyer.aspx
Marijuana Users can check out The Rolling Paper www.ocweekly.com/flipbook (We weren’t sure where this one should go, but since pot is de-facto legal in OC and it’s such a big part of peoples lives, we decided to classify it as professional/lifestyle.) As the name implies, this is about connecting with Orange County’s Marijuana Enthusiasts It’s Published by OC Weekley which also has a section in their paper with similar content–dedicated to Marijuana sales, cultivation, legal issues and getting the Medical Use Card. There are also ads for Beer and Cheep Eats. The magazine is about 6″x11″ and had about 46 pages of ads; and is distributed to restraints, night clubs, … in the more affluent parts of OC . You need to go through OCweekley to advertise.
Real Estate Agents The Orange County Association of Realtors publishes the Orange County Realtor Magazine www.ocar.org
Orange County College and Student Newspapers
College newspapers have a lot of readership. And you are reaching more than 18 year old students scrounging for beer money. The average age of an undergraduate has gone up, and thanks to parents, jobs, and student loans they have purchasing power. These newspapers are read by professors, staff, and graduate students.
Chimes chimes.biola.edu/staff/ Biola University
Cypress Chronicle www.cychron.com Cypress College
Daily Aztec www.thedailyaztec.com/ San Diego State University
Daily 49’er www.csulb.edu/~d49er/ads/ Cal State Long Beach
Daily Titan www.dailytitan.com Cal State Fullerton
El Don News www.eldonnews.org/ Santa Ana College
Lariat www.lariatnews.com/ Saddle Back College
The Hornet www.fchornet.com (We’re not sure this one is still going, their website was not working) Fullerton College
The Panther www.thepantheronline.com/ Chapman College
The Pearl www.soka.edu/student_life/student-activities/the-pearl-student-newspaper.aspx Soka University
The Western Sun www.westernsun.us/ Golden West College
New University UCI Today www.newuniversity.org University of California IrvineOC’s Top Online Publications + Free Internet Ads
© 2012 OCBusinessStartUp.com